Introduction to 12 Meter Sailing Course – 1 day program, approximately 6-8 hours total.
- 1-2 hours in the classroom.
- 5-6 hours on the water aboard our America’s Cup 12 Meter yachts.
- 12 Meter Cap and T-shirt.
- Boxed lunch and chilled water/juice.
- Informational 12 Meter Sailing Handbook.
Our Introduction to 12 Meter Sailing Course is designed for those who want a thorough introduction to the exciting sport of sailing aboard our 12 Meter yachts that raced in the America’s Cup. The sailing course is held in Newport, Rhode Island aboard 65 foot sailing yachts. Graduates will have a good understanding of all the sailing and racing basics of larger boat sailing. Information that will be covered in 12 Meter Sailing School Course:
- History of America’s Cup and 12 Meter yachts in Newport
- Basic sailing terminology
- Basic sailing knots
- Setting sail
- Wind direction and points of sail
- Sailing/racing positions aboard 12 Meter yacht
- Tacking & gybing
- Sail trim and shape
- Race start tactics and mark roundings
- Overboard recovery
- Basic racing tactics
What You Need To Know:
- $350 per person
- Package includes one ticket to our Introduction to 12 Meter Sailing Course, program information listed above.
- Program will be offered on July 19 and August 23 starting at 8:00am.
- Follow Up Sailing Experience available with our 12 Meter Racing Experience.
- Gift certificates available.
- Private 12 Meter Sailing Courses available for groups. Please contact us for additional information.
Dates: August 22
Follow Up: 12 Meter Racing Experience is available.
12 Meter Charters, Newport RI, Sailing, Sailing Newport RI, boats, sailing, charters