New Sip and Sail Tour Package – Newport, RI
June 3, 2011
$75 per person
12 Meter Charters and Newport Vineyards have teamed up to provide you with an experience to remember. Enjoy the best of Newport, Rhode Island with a vineyard tour and a sailing tour!
White, red, blush, or sparkling! Just a ten minute drive from Newport Harbor, Newport Vineyards is the largest grower of wine grapes in New England. Newport Vineyards produces award winning wines using traditional techniques including French oak barrels, as well as state-of-the-art equipment. Your visit to Newport Vineyards will include a vineyard tour, winery tour, wine tasting, and a keepsake Newport Vineyards’ wine glass.
Set sail with 12 Meter Charters aboard the legendary America’s Cup yachts to enjoy the best of Newport by sea! Not your typical harbor cruise, 12 Meter Charters’ cruises combine the history of Newport with the unparalleled experience of sailing on an America’s Cup contender. Enjoy historic Newport sights including Fort Adams and the Newport Bridge, lighthouses and lavish estates, an aircraft carrier and historic schooners, and learn the history of the America’s Cup in Newport.
During your sail, you may just sit back and enjoy the sights of Newport or you may participate in the sailing! The captain and crew on board will help those wishing to be involved in the sailing and no sailing experience is necessary to help sail one of our America’s Cup 12 Meters. It’s your choice, take part in the sailing of an America’s Cup 12
Meter or just relax and enjoy the scenic views of Narragansett Bay.
What you need to Know:
- $75 per person. Package includes one ticket tour from Newport Vineyard and one ticket for a 2-hour sail from 12 Meter Charters.
- For your vineyard tour, allow 1 to 1 1/2 hours for tour, tasting and shopping.
- Newport Vineyards offers tours daily at 1:00PM and 3:00PM.
- Newport Vineyards’ wine tastings offered all day from (10:00AM to 4:00PM).
- All Wine Tour participants must be 21 years or older.
- Sails depart from downtown Newport.
- For your sail, wear athletic shoes (preferably without black soles) AND a sweatshirt/jacket.
- Most importantly don’t forget your camera!
For more information about Newport Vineyards visit their website.