Happy Summer Solstice from Newport, Rhode Island!
June 20, 2012
Today is the Summer Solstice for the Northern Hemisphere. The actual moment of the solstice will occur at about 7:09 p.m. this evening, while the sun sits directly above the Pacific Ocean to the west of Hawaii. It’s the longest day of the year (and the shortest night). Today we will have over 15 hours of daylight!
We are so excited for the summer of 2012, check out all these great events coming up in Newport this summer.
- Newport Flower Show – June
- America’s Cup World Series Racing – June – set sail with 12 Meter Charters for viewing!
- Newport’s 4th of July Celebration – July 4 – Fireworks Cruises available!
- Tall Ships Festival – July
- Black Ships Festival – July
- Newport Music Festival – July
- Newport International Polo – July, August
- The Newport Folk Festival – August
- The Newport Jazz Festival – August